Art is about making a connection

Art is about making a connection

Monday 10 April 2017

there will always be traffic

April of Acceptance Daily Idea: there will always be traffic and being frustrated won't make it go away. 


There are so many things in life that are frustrating or annoying or stupid. There are things that are just so stupid that you feel like you just don't have the patience for it. 



Traffic sucks. We are constantly in a rush to get somewhere. And we KNOW there will be traffic. We KNOW it will suck. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO MAKE ALL THE CARS START MOVING FASTER!! 


Driving to the hospital when my mom had a heart attack, I cut someone off. The guy honked and yelled. And it occurred to me that every time I get pissed off at someone while I'm driving, I don't know their story. I don't know why the other driver is feeling the way they are feeling, or what is going on in their life. Now when a driver does something stupid, I tell myself that maybe their mother just had a heart attack. 


It's better to breathe, relax your muscles, don't squeeze the steering wheel, listen to some music, and accept that you will eventually get where you are going. 


Be kind,

To yourself too

xo



***NOTE: "acceptance" in the context of my writing is about the belief that all living things are entitled to respect, regardless of their actions and beliefs. "Acceptance" in this context is NOT about being silent, ignoring injustices and self and others, or expecting that we can say something is okay when it isn't. In this context I am referring to the idea that we cannot control what happens around us, we can only control how to respond to those things. 



*All images are property of Fox Tales Art

**All images are available for sale with profits going to www.sheenasplace.org 


Email foxtaleskira@gmail.com for inquiries (Purchasing directly by email, even if the piece is on etsy, saves both of us money and can involve a negotiation in size and in price)


Or browse some options at 

www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FoxTalesByKira 

No comments:

Post a Comment