Art is about making a connection

Art is about making a connection

Friday 24 February 2017

Because you don't have to be thin to enjoy moving your body




Because you don't have to be thin to enjoy moving your body. 


FAT-TALK-FREE FEBRUARY DAILY CHALLENGE: try a new way to get some movement into your day. 


People who are uncomfortable in their bodies sometimes avoid gyms, yoga studios, swimming, exercise classes ... those spaces can feel judgemental. Or can feel like you don't belong. 


You do belong. You belong everywhere you want to belong. 



But you don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Find a way to move your body that feels good. 




I hate the gym. Hate it so much. I feel self-conscious. And I run out of energy quickly. Which feels embarrassing. 




What I DO love is walking. If I had a perfect schedule in my life, I would walk 5km - 10km a day. One day last summer I walked 17km. 


Walking doesn't exhaust me the way weight machines do. And it doesn't cause a fibromyalgia pain flare. In fact it sometimes helps manage the pain. 



I don't walk because it's a workout. I don't walk to lose weight. I don't walk because it is good exercise. I walk because I love it. There is something about my not-very-long stride and this feeling I get in my belly while I walk. 


Going for walks simply feels good. 


Moving feels good. 




So if you have been avoiding "exercise", try to find a way to move that feels good. 





Something that feels comfortable. But mostly, find a way to move your body that makes you happy. 




You belong in all the places you think you don't belong. You have the right to participate in any sort of physical activities that feel good, that you enjoy. 


Be kind 

xoxo

 


*All images are property of Fox Tales Art

**All images are available for sale with profits going to www.sheenasplace.org 

Email foxtaleskira@gmail.com for inquiries and browse some options at 

www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FoxTalesByKira 


(Purchasing directly by email, even if the piece is on etsy, saves both of us money and can involve a negotiation in size and in price)

No comments:

Post a Comment