Art is about making a connection

Art is about making a connection

Sunday 19 March 2017

including your own self


MINDFULLY MENDING MARCH SUGGESTION:  including your own self 


We all have had times in our lives when we were left out or ostracized. As children, it was one of the worst parts of our lives. Being abandoned by friends, or ignored by peers, or gossiped about, or mistreated ... these things hurt us to our cores. 


And then we grow up and we are in our 20s and it happens again and hurts just as much. 


And at 40, we think our peers must have matured as well. And when they don't and we are intentionally left out, ignored, ostracized, it hurts. Sometimes it feels heart wrenching. 


I've been wondering lately if the hurt we feel has more to do with our childhood experiences of social bullying than our actual feelings now as adults. 


So I've decided that it doesn't actually matter what someone else thinks of me. If someone decides not to be my friend, then it's their loss. I don't have time to put effort into a one-sided friendship. In invest my time in the people I love. 


Instead of feeling left out, I involve myself in something else. Even if it's just with myself. No one can complete me. I am complete with myself, as I am. 


I challenge you to worry less about what people you don't care about think of you, and more about what you think of yourself.  


Be kind,

To yourself too

xo


*All images are property of Fox Tales Art

**All images are available for sale with profits going to www.sheenasplace.org 


Email foxtaleskira@gmail.com for inquiries and browse some options at 

www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FoxTalesByKira 


(Purchasing directly by email, even if the piece is on etsy, saves both of us money and can involve a negotiation in size and in price)


No comments:

Post a Comment