Art is about making a connection

Art is about making a connection

Sunday 26 March 2017

share an accomplishment

MINDFULLY MENDING MARCH SUGGESTION: share an accomplishment. 





I thought about whether or not it would be bragging to share my most recent published articles. Bragging is to speak with "excessive pride." I don't know if I'm capable of that. 


I share my accomplishments mostly because I think people might want to read my stuff or look at my art. And then I explain all the reasons why it's not so good. Or all the reasons why I tricked people into publishing me. Or manipulate people into liking me, let alone liking my work. 


To combat that, today I am sharing my articles. I have wanted to be a writer since I was a little girl. My Dad and my Gram took us to Disneyland when I was 6. My Dad bought me this little book that you're supposed to get autographs in. From people dressed up as Disney characters. I remember hiding in the bathroom of the hotel, writing in my autograph book. But I didn't really know how to spell much seeing as I was 6, and I didn't know cursive writing, so I just put squiggles all over the page. 


When I was 17 I wrote about writing. I said "words breathe life onto the page, into me, and I live." 




I wanted to write and I wanted to teach. And now I am. 


So I want to share. Not because I'm bragging. Not because I'm boasting. Not because I am fishing for compliments. But because I am now a writer. 


Here are some of my articles: 


https://themighty.com/2016/11/day-in-the-life-with-fibromyalgia-symptoms/


https://themighty.com/2016/11/tips-for-easing-anxiety/


http://nedic.ca/blog/why-my-grade-8-class-eat-vegetables-0


https://themighty.com/2017/03/talking-to-fibromyalgia/


What is something you have accomplished? For some of us spoonies (people living with chronic illness and/or chronic pain), an accomplishment might be that we showered today. Or that we moved from the bed to the couch. Or that we went for a walk, or did the dishes, or did one load of laundry. 


Maybe you have art in a show, or you taught your kid to ride a bike, or you made a movie, or you got a new job. Maybe you drew a picture, coloured a colouring book, graduated, got into college or university. Maybe you laughed at a good joke - a big belly laugh. 


Celebrate what you are able to do today. And tell someone. Say it. Feel good about one thing you did. 


Be kind,

To yourself too,

xo


*All images are property of Fox Tales Art

**All images are available for sale with profits going to www.sheenasplace.org 


Email foxtaleskira@gmail.com for inquiries and browse some options at 

www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FoxTalesByKira 


(Purchasing directly by email, even if the piece is on etsy, saves both of us money and can involve a negotiation in size and in price)

No comments:

Post a Comment